ULCH Winter Retreat
Please join other Hope families and singles this year at our annual ULCH/Mount Carmel Winter Retreat. It’s a great time away in February. Here’s the details:
- Arriving on: Saturday, February 17th , 2018 After 1 PM
- Departing on: Monday, February 19th, 2018 Late morning
- 2 overnights, 4 meals (Sat. dinner 5:30 PM, Sun. brunch 9:30 AM and dinner 5:30 PM and Monday breakfast 8:30)
- Recreation- skate, X country ski, snowshoe, slide, sauna, board, games, reading, fireside chats.
- Sunday chapel service
- To make your reservation phone at Mount Carmel is 800-793-4311. Email contact is firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also call or text Bryan Kufus at 612-685-0402 or email at email@example.com for more information.
- Reservations should be made ASAP with a non-refundable deposit of $50 per family due by 1/1/18. Payment by check should be sent to Mount Carmel PO Box 579 Alexandria, MN 56308. You can also make a payment by credit card on the phone.
- There are 10 rooms to rent (more can be found if needed).
You can download the registration form here.
Interfaith Service Trip in Southern Sinai
For two weeks in April, Stewart Herman is taking a group of Lutheran educators (from Augsburg and the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago) to the Sinai in Egypt, for a combined service/spirituality exploration. They will spend a week building a dam to help the local Bedouin water their orchards in the high granite mountains of the Sinai. Then they will spend a few days climbing Mt. Sinai and exploring the desert spirituality of the area, especially including the ancient monastery of St. Katherine. A few places are still open for people sturdy enough to hike and haul rocks for the dam. April 5-18, cost about $3000, everything included. If you are interested, contact Stewart at 701-541-9172 (firstname.lastname@example.org)