The grants made by the Hope Trust in the spring of 2023 were as follows:
- ULCH Little Free Library food: $1400
- ULCH Confirmation trip to Guatemala: $3000
- ULCH AED/CPR/1st Aid training: $1700
- Lutheran Campus Ministries Community Dinner and Conversation Series: $2330
- Pursuit of a publisher for the manuscript Homeless in Minneapolis (by ULCH member Chris Zann): $3000
- Every Meal (food for students): $1000
- Plymouth Christian Youth Center Annual Children’s Gift Sale: $4000
- Center for Leadership and Neighborhood Engagement work in North Minneapolis: $4000
- Portland House security system: $2800
- Give Us Wings (work with people in Uganda): $2000
- Joyce Uptown Food Shelf: $2500
The Trust Board also recently voted to start its grant-making process sooner by several months, to better align with the church budget-making process. Watch for more information in the coming months – the Trust will be accepting applications for 2024 grants at the start of the academic year in September.
We are also pleased to announce that Ruth Hedman was selected to fill a vacancy on the Trust Board; she was also elected Treasurer of the Trust Board.
For more information on the ULCH Trust Board, contact Co-Chairs James Flaten or Scott Hvizdos. Other Board members are Meri Hauge, Ruth Hedman, Tim Hopkins, Leena Rapacz and Robyn Swenson.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.