Parking is tough in Dinkytown, but fortunately ULCH has one of the few remaining surface parking lots in the neighborhood! Parking is free for members of the congregation.
Authorized permit contract parking is allowed. Please contact the church office for availability. A select number of overnight parking spaces are available per semester. $150.00 per month. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on our waiting list for a semester parking space. We also have daily parking contracts available for $100.00 per month. (Monday-Friday, 7am to 7pm).
Parking is restricted on Sundays. All spaces are reserved for worship service attendee’s, church members and staff on Sundays from 7am to 3pm. (Do not park in front of the apartment buildings on the northwest corner.)
Weddings and events
University Lutheran Church of Hope rents its facilities for non-member weddings.
The cost for renting the facilities of University Lutheran Church of Hope is $1000.
This price includes:
- Use of sanctuary (non-air conditioned) for rehearsal, an agreed-upon time for preparation and pictures, and the wedding service.
- Use of lounge as a “staging area” for snacks, a casual meeting area for wedding party, etc.
- Custodial services
- Wedding coordinator who will communicate/meet with you to plan for the use of our facilities, oversee rehearsal and assist as necessary on the day of the wedding
- Use of dressing areas for Bride & Groom and wedding party (dressing areas are air-conditioned)
It is the responsibility of the couple being married to arrange for clergy. Clergy of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) are preferred. Other denominations will be welcomed with pre-approval.
The price does not include:
- Musician(s), (though our music director may be available for non-member weddings)
- Costs for clergy, flowers and other accoutrements.
As a Reconciling in Christ congregation, we welcome marriages of all couples.
In order to request a date, please contact our church administrator, Nathan Obrestad. A reservation will include a $100 non-refundable deposit.