An Overview of our COVID-19 Preparedness Plan (August 25, 2020 version):
In late May, ULCH created a health and safety policy with a focus on COVID-19 procedures. We sought to offer guidance about how our congregation is responding to the pandemic. This policy was updated in late June and again in late August. Link HERE for the updated COVID-19 Preparedness Plan.
Here are the highlights:
- We still encourage meeting online.
- Worship will be online for the coming months.
- COVID-19 affects some communities (communities of color) and some demographics (for instance, our eldest, those with some underlying health issues) disproportionately. Our slower and careful approach honors these experiences as real and seeks to avoid pushing people into potentially unhealthy spaces.
- If there is a compelling reason to meet at church, opt for outdoors whenever possible.
- Please, if you are sick, do not come to the church building or church gatherings.
- Wear masks always in indoor public spaces. Wear masks in outdoor spaces when 6 foot distancing is not possible.
- Wash hands regularly and honor the 6 foot social distancing guidelines.
- Always sign in so if contact tracing becomes necessary we have a record.
- Schedule meetings and groups ahead with Nathan at the church office so we can be stewards of the space, clean thoroughly, and be hospitable.
Read the full plan here.
Download our earlier statements below.