Worship is central at University Lutheran Church of Hope. We have two services every Sunday morning during the academic year (Labor Day until Memorial Day). There is a quiet, simple, and short service in the chapel at 8:30am with a few hymns led on piano. Then at 10:30am there is a more dynamic, longer, and more musical service in the sanctuary. Music at the second service is led primarily by the pipe organ and Hope Choir, but can also include a jazz combo, handbells, and other instruments. The sacrament of Holy Communion is celebrated every Sunday at both services.
In the summer things get a bit more casual (after all, there’s no AC!) with one service at 10am and some more piano-led music.
You can use the pull-down menu above to explore more about various ways to get involved.
Core Value of Worship
We celebrate our Christian heritage through liturgy, challenging preaching and vibrant music reflecting many traditions.
More specifically, we value…
- Meaningful and Relevant Liturgy that engages all participants and that celebrates our Lutheran Heritage.
- Preaching Excellence from clergy and lay that engages our hearts and minds, and that challenges us to outward action and inner reflection.
- Musical Excellence that engages our hearts, minds and voices, utilizing both traditional and modern resources.
- The significance of Mission and Community in Worship by lifting up the ways in which ULCH cares for those both near and far.
- The Spiritual Gifts of all worshippers by encouraging people of all ages to participate in creating the worship experience.
We are deliberate about…
- Blending different musical styles – traditional and contemporary – into the worship experience
- Incorporating a broad range of liturgies
- Integrating musicians and instruments to enhance liturgy and music sung by the congregation
- Integrating guest preachers into the worship schedule
- Connecting the sermon and prayer petitions (message) to our mission
- Lifting up worshippers’ prayer concerns
- Tapping further into the talents and abilities of members of all ages